Why On-Page Factors are Important in the World of SEO?
Search Engine Optimization or Search Engine Optimizer (SEO) is a process which helps to increase traffic or the number of visitors to a website. It is made possible by a high ranking in the search results page of a search engine (SERP). SEO uses various types of techniques and strategies to get a website or a webpage to a high rank.
On-Page | Image Credit – socialmediacatch.com
SEO is segregated into two categories: On-Page SEO & Off-Page SEO:
On-Page refers to the activities that can be done on your website to assist the page rank higher. Activities such as page titles, descriptions, internal linking, meta tags, etc.
Off-Page refers to the activities that can be done directly off your website to assist the page rank higher. Here activities are like social networking, forum & blog marketing, article submission, etc.
For fruitful internet marketing, On-Page optimization is very crucial. Now let’s get in detail about the On-Page SEO services:
- Page Title: Page title forms the most important aspect on your website. This SEO factor makes it easy for the users to understand what the page is all about. The page title must include the main keywords for that particular page.
- Meta Descriptions: Descriptions are what people come across when they look for something on your website. You can add the relevant keywords to your content, thus making the descriptions utterly important to the search engines. Unique descriptions for each page helps to advertise your page, thus convincing the searcher to click to your website link before looking at the other site links.
- Meta Tags: For every page, include a set of keywords that forms the meta tags. All of these meta tags should be relevant keywords of your content.
- URL Structure: It is advised to include search engine friendly URLs for every individual page as this step will bring good crawling. For better performance, URLs including targeted keywords is used.
- Body Tags: It is recommended that when you write your content, break your write-up into small paragraphs that will facilitate easy readability by your user. These each of the sections can be given headings with tags e.g; H1, H2, H3, etc.
- Keyword Density: Content without relevant keyword is empty. Using such keywords throughout your content helps search engines work out what your content is all about. Also, you should take care not to go overboard with using keywords since this step can lead to your site being banned from search engines. Keyword density should be upto 2 to 5 %.
- Image SEO: Make your website more visually appealing by adding relevant images. People tend to get bored easily by reading continuous text. Images will give them a break from continuing textual paras. Also, using images will help you to improve your site SEO.
- Internal Linking: Internal links are basically placing the link of your website to other website pages. It’s a great measure that you can take in order to improve your site and use properly.
If you think that using just one activity among the ones mentioned above will make a difference then you are wrong! You need to use all these activities to improve your website traffic. There are many SEO services in India that looks after different websites. They are responsible for everything starting from marketing to web promotion strategy.