13 Reasons Why SEO Is Important For Shopify Stores
Effective SEO Tips For Shopify Stores
Shopify is a platform that enables you to create a user-friendly eCommerce store. It is flexible and you can easily customise it for your unique needs. You need to do SEO for your Shopify store to rank it higher in the search engine results and make it more visible online.
Shopify is an SEO-friendly platform and comes with tools that help you optimise your store for search engines. You can approach Shopify SEO service providers to optimise your online store.
These are the tips to keep in mind while doing Shopify SEO:
1. You should provide a good user experience. Use a responsive web design as it gives the best viewing experience no matter what device is used. This will make your website useful and a useful website means more visitors. Try not to use too many unnecessary apps and sliders on your site.
2. Keep the structure of your site simple, clean and intuitive as this will help the customers to find what they are looking for easily. Your customers will get a smooth shopping experience and they may spend more time on your website.
3. The analytics tools can give information like where your users come from, what keywords they use to reach you, how much time they spend on your website and more. Link your Google Analytics Account to Shopify and read the Shopify guide to set up eCommerce tracking. You should also register your site with Google Search Console and submit your XML sitemap to make sure your online store is indexed accurately.
4. Use the robots.txt file to tell Google which pages have to be indexed and which are not to be indexed.
5. Google ranks pages based on how long it takes to load them therefore speed is an important factor. You should keep your site load time within 3 seconds. Use a responsive and fast theme for your Shopify store.
6. Search engines use Alt-tags to know about the given image. Use original keyword-rich Alt-tags for all your images. This will improve site accessibility and improve your site’s chances of ranking for searches related to your products.
7. Do keyword research to find target keywords that can bring in traffic, higher sales and higher conversions. You should focus on the keywords you want to rank for. Check the competition and the CTR for your target keywords. Find out how the other stores are selling their products and how you can stand out from the competition.
You can look at buyer personas, social media hashtags used in your industry or the keywords used by your competitors to get an idea about what keywords are used.
8. Create unique content across categories and product pages. Do not use the manufacturer’s stock descriptions and try to create original keyword-rich descriptions for your category pages. Your content should not match the content on another website as duplicate content is bad for SEO.
9. Create videos, 360-degree images, AR shopping features and interactive content to keep your users engaged. The longer the visitor stays on your website the better it will appear to Google.
10. Backlinks are also important for Shopify stores so you should use link-building strategies. One of the best ways to earn backlinks is to create good content that inspires others to link to it. You can reach out to influencers in your industry and find guest blogging opportunities. You can find linkless brand mentions and request a link.
11. Search engines value websites that are updated regularly with relevant content. For this, you can create blogs. It will help to attract more customers and build authority.
12. Do on-page SEO to ensure that your site’s internal pages are optimised for search engines. Use compelling page titles and meta descriptions. Use H1 tags properly and use targeted keywords in the content.
13. Do off-page SEO to ensure that your website is credible in the eyes of your visitors and Google. This helps to make your site look more professional. Use a clear keyword optimised URL structure.
Importance of SEO on Shopify
People use Google to search for products before they buy them. Therefore you should have good visibility in Google searches. People should be able to find your Shopify store easily as this will make it easy for them to buy from you. SEO can help to make your presence more powerful and make more customers visit your website. This in turn will make your revenues rise. You can approach a Shopify SEO agency to get the desired results.
- Log in to post comments